Thursday, August 18, 2011

True Beauty Devotionals

Hey all!
Just wanted to share something pretty cool :). Shelley Hitz, the author of Find Your True Beauty asked for her email subscribers to join the devo-writing team, and one of mine is now on the email list! this is a copy- all rights to http://www.teen-beauty-tips.com/ .

 
Teen Girl Devotionals are brought to you by www.FindYourTrueBeauty.com.

Here is your devotion:
How do you remember your Creator?
Written by Elissa Branum
Remember your Creator in the days of your youth, before the days of trouble come and the years approach when you will say, "I find no pleasure in them"-- ...Then man goes to his eternal home and mourners go about the streets.
~Ecclesiastes 12:1, 5
It's obvious that this is not a very "feel good" verse, but it is truthful.  My good friend shared it with me when we were discussing purity and a Biblical view on dating.  Personally, I believe that God's will for my life is to not date/court until His time for me is revealed.  That is my way of remembering Him in my youth and seeking what His desires are for my focus. 
The author of Ecclesiastes throughout the book tells of how he has tried worldly pleasures but has found out, aside from God, "Everything is meaningless!" (Ecclesiastes 12:8). What we consider "fun" now will fade.  Yet, every day we may feel a drag towards things that feel good now.  I am myself shamed to say that in many ways I have been guilty of giving in to the world's system.  But, that's not what the Lord wants for us! As teens, before adulthood crushes in, He wants us to learn to trust Him--not guys, money, or possessions. How we act now determines what future decisions we'll make. We must constantly "remember" God and turn our eyes on Him.

Reflection:
Are you taking advantage of ways to grow closer to God or turning to other things?

Application Step:
Seek out ways to daily remember God.  Perhaps consider joining a Bible study, or even helping to begin a small group for girls in your church.  Fellowship with other believers who earnestly seek God will grow your own faith.  Pray for Him to shine a light in your heart where there may be sin that is making you feel distant from your Creator.  Remember, Jesus gave His life for all our sin and those who seek Him will never be turned away.

Prayer:
Dear God, please forgive me for all the times I've turned from you to wish for worldly things like the best clothes or the attention of a guy.  Help me to remember to ask you in every situation.  Thank you for dying for me to be able to know and remember you. In Jesus name. Amen!
To purchase a print copy of these devotionals click here:  www.findyourtruebeauty.com/devos-book
For more help finding your true beauty in Christ, visit:  www.FindYourTrueBeauty.com

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elissa! I love this devotion! If you ever consider writing more, just let us know! ~Heather Hart- Author/Editor of Teen Devotions... For Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Heather! I am planning on it, I just need to motivate myself to write another one!

    ReplyDelete