Thursday, March 1, 2012

Forgiven & Loved

Hey all :-). I haven't blogged in a while, but I just wanted to update.  Life is un-fun sometimes.  I say that with a grain of salt, cause, you know, this is the land of prosperity.  But, prosperity and Jesus are two different deals, so I can be miserable regardless.  


Bottom line, God took my life and hit the pause button yesterday.  The wednesday worship and service I listened to yesterday brought me to my knees and I realized that I needed to come back to Jesus.  Because it doesn't matter what I've done in the past, I repent again that I need Him, desperately.This song just popped into my head yesterday and I've been singing it...the lyrics are just precisely me right now.

Tell me I’m forgiven and loved 
‘Cause I hear it from the street corner priests 
On how God is love and how man can be clean 
But my joy has been on holiday 
And my peace has almost passed away 
Tell me I’m forgiven and free 

CHORUS


Oh I tried and tried to rectify my hopeless situation 
But I bought the lie I still have work to do 
Now I’m working nine to five like I can earn my own salvation 
But there is no condemnation in You 

Oh whisper to me now that it’s for real 
Cause in the silence of these walls righteousness lost its appeal 
Dirty deeds have done me in 
Oh but that can’t stop the faithful friend 
Giving mercy once again as You heal 
Here it is I’m feeling it 

(Chorus) 

Oh He died, He died to rectify my hopeless situation 
And His blood commands my guilt to leave 
Now on Calvary I stand 
Empty pockets, open hands 
Oh there is no condemnation for me 


(Chorus) 

Child, you’re forgiven and loved 
Child, you’re forgiven and loved 
Child, you’re forgiven 
And child, you are loved 
Child, you’re forgiven and loved





I honestly forgot that I can't work for my salvation.  Singing worship songs, writing about Bible verses--even talking about God--it's not what matters.  What matters is that I'm forgiven.  I'm FORGIVEN. I won't be condemned. 


If I can be really open with you, I have struggled deeply with some nasty stuff. I fell into lust and I didn't think that I would ever be forgivable. I didn't think that I could ever be free.  


Then I was free.  He answered my prayers. But, like me, I went back to my old thought process.  I left my forgiveness.  


But I'm here to say that this is not the end.  I am NOT going to live some way that is not glorious.  I'm going to do whatever it takes to embrace forgiveness.  


~Here via grace,
Elissa   

5 comments:

  1. I feel like I need this pounded into my head every day. I hear it over and over again but I don't feel as if i ever believe it for more then a few minutes, I don't feel like I every really LIVE in in. Pray for me?
    This was great, girly. I luvs ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely understand. I'll totally pray :-)

    thank you both!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't know me, but this was absolutely GREAT. It encouraged me so much. From an anonymous person, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that God brought you to my blog! :)

      Delete