Friday, April 20, 2012

Identity Crisis

My favorite song right now is "Remind Me Who I Am" by Jason Gray (check out this acoustic version!) because it is exactly what I need to know right now.  There's actually been several times the past few weeks that I'll turn on the radio and it will be playing, JUST when I need to hear something that reassures me that my heart doesn't belong to anyone but Jesus.

Just look at these insane crazy lyrics:

If I'm Your beloved, can You help me believe it?
Tell me, once again, who I am to You.
Tell me, lest I forget, who I am to You.


I'm the one You love--I'm the one You love.
That will be enough.


Honestly, I've been pretty lost lately.  Stress and frustration can build a wall inside a person that prevents them from seeing the light--but God is greater than my heart (1 John 3:20).  There is nothing that can separate me from Him.  That sounds clique...but just believe it. It'll change everything.

I don't have to be impressive. I don't have to be likable. I don't have to be perfect. I don't have to be funny. I don't have to be talented.

I'm the one You love.




He loves you passionately. Don't forget.
~Elissa

1 comment: