Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th/Me lately

Happy 4th!
Praise God for freedom.  We wouldn't be free physically or spiritually without Him!  I love summer holidays. Ice cream, hot dogs, swimming, hanging out- have I mentioned how much I adore summer?! (Despite my complaints about this heat, of course.)
What I'm doing lately (no particular order):
1. Mourning the break-up of one of my FAVORITE bands, Revive. But they feel God's calling them to different pursuits, so I'll be okay with it. Eventually :').
2. Reading the letters to the churches. Mostly 1-2 Peter, James, Collosians.  What has helped me SO much with daily Bible reading has been journaling, which I used to be OBSESSED with. Now I just jot down some thoughts and prayers, read something that speaks to me, and write down a verse in my journal. Helps me look back to verses that brought me light on certain days.
3. Really wanting to help Arkansas' tornado victims.  Went to Denning, AR last friday with friends/friend's church and helped cleanup a lady's house/land. It's pretty devastating, and makes me ask- how would I act if it was me? My family who lost everything? :/
4. Enjoying the 4th! Rode, swam, and ate ice cream already. haha:).
5. Reading Green by Ted Dekker.  Black, Red, and White were SOOOOOO GOOOOOOOODDDDDD! Everyone musttttt read them! No joke. They will change your views on life, sacrifice, and Jesus crazily.
6. Listening to Control, Abandon's album.  Love me some Christian pop.  Metal head brother doesn't get it though ;). Favorite songs, Help and Under Fire.
7. Learning "East to West" by Casting Crowns on piano. Love the key of E now. LOL music freak ;).
8. Missing friends who don't live in the same state as me ://///. Ya'll should read this blog of my amazingggg friend. http://everythingforhim1039.blogspot.com/
What are your lately's?~His love, E

No comments:

Post a Comment