Sunday, November 27, 2011

Christmas music...I can't express my love for you

Yep. I'm pretty much head over heels in love with Christmas music. Air 1's constant streaming Christmas radio feeds my addiction.

However, this is now my favoritest (yes mac I'm keeping that word) song in the whole world.
I've been crazy about the song since reading Immanuel's Veins. It's really not a spoiler to say the lyrics are in the book :P.

On the above pianer (keeping that word too) cover, they included this verse which I really liked:

On that day a fountain will be opened to the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, to cleanse them from sin and impurity--Zechariah 13:1

Woah, right? I didn't know that Jesus was actually prophesied as a cleansing fountain for sins! A lot bigger deal than a pretty metaphor. In light of sacrificing, the prominent worship of Zechariah's day (i believe) it's quite a concept to imagine actually being covered in the sacrifice's blood, in a foundation or pool. Gross maybe, but uber powerful. Not only were the people promised a death and sacrifice but a cleansing pool of blood that would literally wash them clean from impurity.

I know I need that. I sometimes feel so covered with sin--intruding my thoughts and staining my soul. But "There is a fountain filled with blood drawn from Emmanuel's veins; and sinners plunged beneath that flood lose all their guilty stains."


It's way more than someone's idea of a cool song. He really was born to die and become a literal cleanser of sin. 


+Elissa

No comments:

Post a Comment