Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Future

2 Timothy 1:9 "[God] who has saved us and called us to a holy life--not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace."

My awesome friend gave me the new Casting Crowns CD, and this song is very relevant to what's God been teaching me lately:

"You're already there, standing at the end of my life, waiting on the other side."

He knows what my future holds. A couple days ago, I was praying and worrying and wondering, and this was the question my heart was dying to answer--

"When is this going to make sense, Lord?"

And out of the stillness, suddenly the answer made me...laugh.  

"I hold the future, Elissa. I am the omnipresent and you don't ever need to worry because I hold your future."

That may not be earth-shaking to you, dear reader. But to me it was one of those axis-tilting, world-crashing, can-this-be-reality?, amazing moments when I believe I heard God's voice. Those moments are few and far between if you are like me and tend to let 1,000 other sounds block Him out. 
But I know I heard the truth.
And I'm going to allow Him to hold what is His alone.
My future.

what are you going to let Him hold?

~Elissa

No comments:

Post a Comment